"We had no idea that our anxiety over our apartment search was the root cause of our baby's sleepless nights. After the first session, we all slept better and it kept improving."
Going to sleep alone should be like falling asleep in your mother's arms. You easily relax. You drift off and sleep well, knowing that you are safe and protected from harm.
Some families just naturally have that peace and serenity and others need a little help to get there.
"After Donna pointed out that family sleep patterns often get passed on to the baby, we realized that with two parents with insomnia, our baby was just following our unhealthy patterns.
You may be wondering if you need some help or if you can get by on your own. In my experience, if you fit one or more of these situations, you could use some extra help:
- If you can't function any more.
- If your baby or child is fussy, irritable, cranky, and has melt-downs
- If your baby is a year old, you still get up every hour or two and you don't like it.
- If you think that your baby or child hates sleeping or doesn't need to sleep
- If you have been told that you are ruining your child's sleep habits
- If your baby is sleeping and you are wide-eyed, checking Facebook and shopping on Amazon.
Getting enough sleep is vital for your physical, mental and emotional health. Improving your sleep is probably the biggest way you can impact your life. Studies show that people who get enough sleep are happier, eat healthier, score better on cognitive tests and are healthier overall. Rested babies are more fun to be with. You will have more time for things that matter. And you won't feel like a zombie anymore.
Here's how I work with clients:
We start with a 30 minute sleep session to figure out what you are needing: We talk about what is happening, what you want to happen and how that can happen. It's a phone, skype or office visit-- whatever works best for you.
During that Sleep Session, we will talk about what you want and don't want with your sleep situation. I will give you my perspective on what is happening. You may decide that how I work, is not for you. You may feel that you have received enough information and you feel empowered to try on your own. Or, you may decide you want to work further with me on your sleep problems.
If you decide you would like to work with me further, here's the 6 Step Sleep Solver process.
- We talk about what is happening, what you want to happen and how that can happen during the 30 minute Sleep Session.
- We do 5 in-depth one-hour sleep sessions, in alignment with your goals.
- We talk the day after each session to discuss what changed. We note areas that changed and fine tune those that didn't.
- We have a session about every 4-5 days to smooth out changes and orient you to better sleep.
- You have an emergency mini-session you can use when you really need it.
- We have a completion interview to talk about how things changed and make sure you are happily sleeping.
Total time elapsed: 2-3 weeks.
The 6 Step Sleep Solver Process will help your family be more harmonious and in-tune with each other. It will give you more confidence at bedtime. It makes better sleep habits easy and natural, and will match up your family's sleep cycles so you have more restful sleep. You will know what your child needs and how to provide it for them.
What is a typical session like?
In my work with sleep, we uncover and shift sleep patterns that are not working for you anymore.
In a typical session in my office, you can sit or lie down. You can bring your baby or toddler to a session but older children will probably be happier home with a babysitter. You are relaxed, fully conscious, answering questions and leading the session. We muscle-check, using applied kinesiology, to discover what things are related to the problem and in what ways they need to shift.
Because of the nature of the work, each session is a bit different. A session can be done in person either individually or as a family. It can be done over the phone.
If you've decided you do want Sleep Solver Sessions, here's what you WON'T get: "My way or the highway" attitude, crying it out, one size fits all strategies, unanswered questions, stressful sleep protocols, "old-school" approaches that don't work and rules about where you have to sleep or not sleep.
Here are my Policies:
- I will do my best to get sleeping right for you and your family.
- I will bring sensitivity, love and caring into every interaction.
- I want sleeping to work for you and your Family, not for some "One Star", B-grade, nightmarish dream that someone ... somewhere ... had sometime ...
Here are my Standards:
- I fully expect you and your family can sleep better.
- You and your family's opinions, culture, and lifestyle will be respected when we work together.
- You are the expert in your family (even if sometimes you don't feel like it!) You set the pace and decide if you like something or don't.
- Your situation, problem, solution, and story are private.
Here is my "No More Tears Guarantee": I am not perfect, and I am here to serve you. I'll be the first to tell you that I don't know everything there is to know about sleeping. If something is not right, please tell me, I'll find a way to make it right.
It all starts with a 30 minute sleep session. (All you do need to do is call and make the appointment!) I'm friendly, warm, compassionate (I was once a zombie mother, too!) and I really do want to help you get more sleep. I'm easy to talk to and I promise not to make you feel like you're dumb or a failure because you or your baby don't sleep.
Some sleep problems are resolved during that first 30 minute sleep session. You don't have to be shy or suffer because you think you have a 'dumb question' or a 'problem that nobody on earth ever had before' or that you are 'so far gone that no help is possible.
I wasn't always a Sleep Expert. When I started, I was a poster child for Zombie Motherhood. I had 3 kids in 3 years. I had a fussy baby who did not sleep more than 45 minutes at a stretch and I had to learn how to get more sleep. I used Resonance Repatterning then, and I still use it. We all sleep really well in my family.
Over the past 20 years, I have learned a lot about sleep.
- How to get more sleep even when your baby is sick or teething.
- The two biggest reasons why parents can't sleep.
- Why your baby probably doesn't sleep.
- Common things parents do that make their baby's sleep habits worse.
Good sleep habits have more to do with family dynamics than anything else. Once I realized this, my life changed. I realized that my baby didn't have a sleep problem! I shifted my focus and started addressing all the things that were keeping him awake. We noticed a change right away.
It's not about sleeping, it's a way of living. It's about a kinder, gentler, more wholesome way of life that will heal you of your anger and frustration, your nightmares, your chronic sleeplessness and make you a better, more patient, loving, compassionate person. You will feel confident that you are doing the right thing every time your child goes to sleep.
"I finally understand what my baby needs and it wasn't at all what I expected. It's amazing to be rested, clear headed and able to make decisions again! I actually have time for myself at night now."
Trying to get your child to fall asleep for hours every night is incredibly time consuming. When you learn what your child needs, you will have that time for yourself. Improving your baby's sleep is probably the biggest way you can have more time in your life. Rested babies and children are happier, better behaved and allow you to relax so that you enjoy your time with them.
Still not sure? You don't have to keep suffering or feel like you are the only one who ever had this problem. To start getting more sleep right away, call me at (845) 750-4402
To schedule your Sleep Session, call or text me at 845-750-4402.