This class is for pregnant couples and their families. You may wonder why you need a class for breastfeeding? I developed this class to prepare parents for the first two weeks when so many things happen that many parents quit.
Get the best start whether you're planning a home or hospital birth. This comprehensive class covers beginning breastfeeding, the introduction of solid foods and weaning.
It includes the book "Beginning Breastfeeding" by Donna Bruschi, IBCLC
• How to prepare yourself and your family for breastfeeding (It's not what you think!)
• What skin to skin contact is (And is not!)
• What a "good latch" is (And is not!)
• How birth practices affect breastfeeding (& what to do if things go wrong)
• Postpartum bonding, suckling & how partners fit into breastfeeding
This 2 hour class is $100 per family.
Partners & Grandparents are welcome & encouraged to attend.
In addition, you may have questions about:
• Selecting a breast pump, when to start and essential considerations for returning to work.
• How to have a great milk supply, even if your breasts are small, even if you have twins, even if you're worried...
• Pacifiers, safe bottle feeding, how often and how long to feed
• Knowing signs that you NEED help and where to get it, and why it's not the Internet.
This class is taught by Donna Bruschi, IBCLC, an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, La Leche League Leader and owner of New Baby New Paltz. She breastfed her 3 children, including twins. She shares her wisdom of two decades of helping mothers and babies get breastfeeding right for them.
For questions, please call/text Donna at (845) 750-4402
This 2 hour class is $100 per family. Private classes are also available for $150 in office or $250 in home.
Payment is required to register. Refunds will be made until 7 days in advance. All other cancellations will receive store credit or a make-up class.
Classes are held at New Baby New Paltz - 264 Main Street, New Paltz, NY 12561