A 30 minute follow up lactation consultation at your earliest convenience on the phone. Most appointments happen the same or next day.
How do you know if you need a followup Lactation Consultation?
This appointment is appropriate if you fit one or more of these situations:
- You had a previous appointment and are still having difficulty breastfeeding.
- You have a number of questions.
- You are constantly wondering if something, you or your baby does, is normal.
- You are wanting to wean gently.
It's OK if you think your problems are not big enough, or you don't think you need help. Many moms feel just this way and benefit from expertise, reassurance and guidance.
It's OK if YOU think it's a hopeless cause and that your situation is beyond help. I have seen hundreds of so-called hopeless cases turn completely around, and have happy endings because the mother received accurate, timely, personalized emotional support, breastfeeding information and parenting guidance.
To succeed at breastfeeding, here's what you need:
- Determination and the desire to breastfeed
- Support and guidance from an expert or a community
- Patience to keep trying when things don't go as you expected
- Perspective -- Long challenges can be very emotional!
If you need more information about your particular situation you can text or call me at (845) 750-4402.
- A 30 minute lactation consultation
- Membership in Breastfeeding Café Facebook group
- A written care plan every step of the way
Additional followup appointments may be needed depending on your particular needs.
A phone lactation consultation can cover most of these:
- Get all the details about the difficulties you are experiencing
- Take a health and breastfeeding history
- Answer your questions
- Teach about feeding cues and how milk production works
- Refer you to someone who can better help you with your problem, if need be
- Create a breastfeeding plan that will accommodate your lifestyle, your goals and your baby
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh